Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Bit More About Myself......


I never thought that I would reveal much about myself online. As a librarian, I'm well-aware of the dangers that exist in cyberspace - and I value my privacy.
But as I was creating my Yahoo! Account (which I did only because it was necessary in order to create an account elsewhere), I found that I was typing more information about myself than merely my e-mail address. Tidbits of my personal life just seemed to flow. I wrote about interests that I didn't know that I had (and no, the description isn't fictional; it's just that I find it easier to write than to speak. Had someone asked me about my interests, I wouldn't have been able to answer so quickly; I'd have had to think about it and no doubt would have responded that I have little time for hobbies).
Surprisingly, it felt great to reveal myself - without mentioning my name or my address. And so, I've decided to give a bit more on my blog, too. The photo above is my work area - and on my desk is a picture of my family.

No comments: