Friday, April 18, 2008

Thing #12 - NetLibrary and WorldCat

I don't understand NetLibrary's appeal.

I can understand the desire to read books on a portable electronic device, although I don't have such a desire myself. But subscribing to yet another service simply for the sake of reading books on a computer doesn't make sense to me. Ugggghh. I'd rather attempt to obtain the physical copy of the book, even if I need to wait for it (I understand, though, that this is not a practical option for everyone!).

I promise, though, that I can show a patron how to access NetLibrary. And I promise to not say "ugggghhh" in front of the patron.

My experience with WorldCat has been different. If I'm attempting to ILL a book for a patron, and I can't find the item in Amazon or B&N, I use a WorldCat citation. It's a great tool.

No comments: