Friday, April 25, 2008

Thing #13: Del.icio.us!

Del.icio.us is obviously a valuable tool for those who often search the Internet for sites that pertain to the same topic. If I were writing a research paper (and I miss the days when I actually needed to do that!), I would definitely use the site on a regular basis. Likewise, if I visited the same sites repeatedly, I would store the URLs in del.icio.us. It's a great resource.

There are aspects of the site that could be improved, though. The odd spelling of del.icio.us annoys me. I would never remember to place the periods after the "l" and after the "o!" Furthermore, I think that the appearance of the homepage could be improved; someone who is unfamiliar with the site (such as I was, before I played with it!) would find it confusing.

Since I'm not an avid researcher, or prone to visiting the same sites regularly, I'm not going to create a personal del.icio.us account. I simply don't have a need for it right now. To create yet another account just to be able to say that I have such an account is a waste.

No comments: