Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Thing #17: "Playing in the Sandbox"

"Playing in the Wiki Sandbox" was an opportunity to have fun! I have to admit that I'm a bit strange; I usually do have fun at work. But this particular task gave me another chance to be creative (through exploring different font styles). At the same time, I was able to practice my image-uploading skills when I added the cover of my favorite book to the "box!"

Pbwikis are wonderful forums for sharing thoughts and ideas with co-workers. Certain wikis need to be restricted to specific groups, such as the employees of one particular company, in order to enable those people to discuss issues that are pertinent to them without worrying about an outsider intruding. Of course, this is not the case for all wikis (Wikipedia is one example of a valuable unrestricted wiki!)!

No comments: